In the face of constantly changing tax legislation (not always for the best!), we can help to seek to ensure that you are paying the right amount of tax, while also taking advantage of tax reliefs and allowances that are available to you and your business.
We can offer peace of mind that you are complying with your tax liabilities, while freeing up time for you to devote to your business or personal pursuits.
Some of the areas where we can help you and your business include:
Capital Gains Tax
CGT planning is a “must” for anyone who is intending to make a disposal of a capital asset for example, a share of a business or a company, stocks and shares or a property.
We are able to advise on complex CGT issues to ensure that maximum relief is obtained where available.
Corporate Tax Planning
Our services will help to minimise corporate tax exposure and relieve the administrative burdens. These services include:
- Determining the most tax effective structure for your business
- Taking full advantage of tax opportunities and reliefs
- Achieving the optimum capital or revenue tax treatment
- Reducing tax on disposals and maximising relief on acquisitions
- Making the most of tax opportunities specific to your industry
- Meeting the rigorous demands of corporate tax compliance
- Acting on the company’s behalf in any discussions with the tax authorities
Efficient corporate tax planning can result in potentially significant improvements in your business’ bottom line.
HMRC Investigations and Enquiries
Being the subject of a tax investigation by HMRC can be a worrying experience. In this situation you need the advice of accountant's experiences in this particular specialised area. That is where we can help.
We will liaise with HMRC on your behalf and provide expert help and support. So if you are subject to an enquiry or a serious investigation, don’t panic – let us do the hard work for you. We have been doing it for nearly 30 years now!
Value Added Tax (VAT)
Many businesses unintentionally over or underpay VAT as a result of the VAT rules’ complexity.
We can provide an efficient VAT service, which includes:
- Assistance with VAT registration
- Advice on VAT planning and administration
- Use of the most appropriate VAT arrangement
- VAT control and reconciliation
- Help with completing VAT returns
- Planning to minimise future problems with HMRC
- Negotiating with HMRC in disputes
- Representing your business at the First-tier Tax Tribunal.
We are able to advise on these complex VAT issues to ensure that maximum relief and minimum headache is obtained where available.